[ale] USB/802.11 experience

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Sun Mar 28 11:21:50 EST 2004

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche <bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu> writes:

> Is it easy to setup a USB/802.11 adaptor on linux?

I've got a NetGear MA401, which uses an Atmel wifi chip.  Last time I
tried using it (several months ago), it "worked", but locked up the
machine (RH8) after a few minutes, presumably due to a buggy driver.
I'll see if there's an updated driver, and let you know how that
goes.

-- Joe

> I've used PC cards with
> little to no trouble but I haven't tried the USB type yet. Ideally I'd
> like to get one that I could use on linux, mac and windows so if anyone
> has specific suggestions I'm all ears.
>
> thanks,
>
> 	bjorn

Resist the feed.
--
If you really want to get my attention, send mail to
jknapka .at. kneuro .dot. net.