[ale] RH9 admin/end-user tutor sought

Steve Heckler chapinheckler at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 26 08:21:26 EST 2004

Hi, All,

I'd like to hire someone with extensive Red Hat 9 experience for a day of Linux end-user and administration tutoring, preferably on April 2, April 5, or the weekend of April 3-4.  Due to a requirement for a project I'm working on, I'm running Red Hat 9.

My background:
* Extensive experience as a Unix user in the 90's, but not as an admin and not recently with Linux
* Extensive J2EE, .NET, ColdFusion, PHP, Perl and other programming experience
* Windows administration experience (and extensive Web application administration experience on IIS and Tomcat)

I'd like someone who has experience running and administering Red Hat 9 and is familiar with its use as a Web server.  The tutoring site would be in Midtown Atlanta.  Hardware involved is a Thinkpad T40 (1GB RAM, 40GB hard drive) on which RH9 is already running successfully.  Payment will be made on the spot.

If you're interested, please send your experience and availability to chapinheckler at mindspring.com.  Thanks!

Steve