[ale] Gimp 2 Success!

Sigmascape1 at cs.com Sigmascape1 at cs.com
Thu Mar 25 13:38:20 EST 2004

Hi,

WOW! I have been playing with GIMP 2 on a Windows machine, and must say it is worth the wait. Night and day compared to v1.25. Lots of neat features that I have never seen before in GIMP (or even thought about). I have played around with output formats, and everything seems great when toggling between Photoshop 7 and this version of GIMP. The interface is very Mac-like in terms of the menus and lack of a consistent background. Nice. The only thing that struck me was the tabbed palettes. You are able to tear off colors sets, paths and the like and sawp them into other palettes. Adobe sued Macromedia over this issue back in 2000. The settlement was never revealed to the public, but Adobe raised hell about this for a long time. I am surprised to see this feature in the new version of GIMP.

Mitch