[ale] [Author] Visit to Atl

H. Bieber habieb at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 16 16:30:44 EST 2004

I received a call from Addison Wesley (they provide books for Installfest and such) that Arnold Robbins (maintainer of "gawk" and author of several books, including "Unix in a Nutshell" and his newest book "Linux Programming: The Fundamentals" to be released in April) will be in the US in May visiting 2 cities, one of which is Atlanta. He resides in Israel. While in Atlanta he will be doing a couple author events. AW has asked if we (ale) are interested in hosting him for an event, I am pretty sure I can secure the Auditorium at the law school for this event, BUT what I need is a good idea as to how many people would be interested in this and would actually attend. I think the tentative week for his visit to Atlanta would be the week of May 18th.

If you would be interested in attending please reply to this email, make sure the word "author" is in the subject line so I can filter the responses to one folder.

Thanks
Harold

Registered Linux User #277269
http://counter.li.org