[ale] Adaptec 2940UW bios updatesy

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Tue Mar 16 14:55:06 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:29:34PM -0500, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Does the N in the ASUS MB identify it as a N-Force board so that you are
> using the Nvidia motherboard drivers?
> Dow

Yes this is an N-Force board. The board has on board sound and network.
I have disabled all the sound and midi options in the bios and am only
using the forcedeth driver for the 10/100 network connection. I have
tried disabling that as well and using a Linksys card. No change in
behavior. The board also has USB 2.0. That is disabled as well.

Thanks,
Jim