[ale] OT: One time use Digital cameras

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Mar 9 09:16:38 EST 2004

I saw one example of the reroute but it lacked instructions.  Here is
what you'll need for the job.

1.  Flux
2.  Solder
3.  15W solder iron
4.  USB B connector solder type.  http://www.pimfg.com
5.  4 Wires.  The copper in Cat 5 works fine.
6.  Dremel
7.  Index stock paper.
8.  Super Glue
9.  Epoxy

Optional:
1.  Rust-Oleum plastic primer
2.  Any color spray paint
3.  One can of clear coat

Steps.

1.  Dremel out the square hole for the USB B connector
2.  The plastic is touch so it will look like shite.  I used the index
    stock to make a frame to make it look a little better.
    Use the super glue to tack it down.
3.  Use the index stock to close up the rectangle hole for the
    proprietary connector.  4 pieces should make it strong.

Optional:

1.  Pop all plastic parts off case.
2.  Use tape to cover up flash lens
3.  Prime with one coat of plastic primer
4.  Use 3-4 coats of color
5.  Try 2 coats of clear

Continued:
4.  Take the PCB apart.
5.  Dremel out a opening in the battery holder so you
    can route the wires under the battery holder
6.  Solder wires onto gold leads 6,8,9,10
7.  Route the wires neatly and then solder to USB B connector.
8.  Place USB B connector into opening created and use epoxy to
    tack it down.  Use a liberal amount.  I also use epoxy on the gold
    leads to protect the wires I just soldered.
9.  Put everything back together and pray all works.