[ale] Indian outsourcing

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Jan 29 15:20:33 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:47:40PM -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> DMCA guys trying to keep people from getting "it" elsewhere
> M$FT guys trying to keep people from getting "it" elsewhere
> RIAA guys trying to keep people from getting "it" elsewhere
> SCO guys trying to keep people from getting "it" elsewhere
>
> There is a pin missing:
> 	Anti-Outsource Movement
> 	- guys trying to keep people from getting "IT" elsewhere

I have nothing inherently against outsourcing; if you feel it is the
best thing for your company to do in the long run, then do it.

I personally don't believe that many are looking further ahead than the
next quarter.

Actually, I take that back -- I do have a beef with outsourcing, but not
with outsourcing itself.  Outsourcing only exists or is possibly only
because of artificial barriers placed on the movement of people from one
place to another.  Barriers that do not exist (any more) for the flow of
capital.

Those artificial barriers are responsible for the disparity in wages.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
                                                           ICQ #1318444