[ale] OT: Indian outsourcing

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Jan 28 23:50:03 EST 2004

Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> writes:

[scissors of brevity]

> Today, there are people calling themselves Senior Architects, Technical
> Leads, and Project Managers who have none of the intuitive and ingrained
> knowledge that years and years of experience bring.  It helps, for
> instance, to be able to tell right off the bat if a problem is even
> *computable* (think "traveling salesman") before even thinking about
> writing the first line.

And to know that even problems that aren't computable on their faces
can often be effectively attacked using heuristics or stochastic
methods.

<http://www.lalena.com/ai/tsp/>

Cheers,

-- Joe Knapka

--
I'm gonna do everything / silver and gold / but I got to
hurry up before I grow to old. -- Joe Strummer, 1952 -- 2002