[ale]OT It begins...

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Jan 27 15:06:08 EST 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 11:36, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 12:05, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
>
> > Speaking on behalf of spammers, "we" DON'T want to email those who go
through
> > the trouble to munge their email addresses.
>
> Ahhh, the security through obscurity approach?  CL, you don't run
> Windows do you?  :)
>
> -Jim P.

No. Not right now anyway.
But, many of the spammers who deliver spam to the members of this list do. :)
My point was that "security through obscurity" goes a long way here.
Just because "security though obscurity" is not an ultimate solution by itself
does not mean that it should not be part of the ultimate solution.
Jim, start talking server-side solutions here. . . . anyone?
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com