[ale] [OT] help! anybody ever written a palm conduit?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 27 13:43:18 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 01:10:25PM -0500, J.M. Taylor wrote:

> I've been tasked with making our custom web scheduling system sync with
> the palm OS.  Now, I sorta know java and I don't know c++ at all, and I
> don't have any idea how to use Palm's Conduit Developer's Kit...and
> reading their docs has left me utterly baffled.

Is this conduit for windows or linux?  If it's for linux, download the
J-Pilot source from http://www.jpilot.org .  Look in datebook.c to learn
how J-Pilot syncs the datebook with the palm.  You could of course,
download the source to K-Pilot or gnome-pilot or pilot-link instead.
I've had more experience with J-Pilot though, so that's what I'll
recommend :).

If it's for windows, O'Reilly has a book on Palm Development that might
help.

Good luck,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9