[ale]OT It begins...

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 27 13:35:12 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:48:06PM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> I don't think anyone will find one sizable, archived, public mailinglist
> that has solved this probem.  If you do, please post the URL to their
> archive, I would be interested in seeing it.

Any of the archives at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ .

Any of the archives hosted by pilot-link.org, while not searchable, do
use simple obfuscation on the from address.  Speaking of searchable, is
the ALE archive searchable?

Our own ALE archive at http://ike.room17.com/pipermail/ale/ also
obfuscates the from address.  The ALE archive at
http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ , however, does not, and is one of the
few mailing list archives I've seen recently that includes full headers.

I don't think any of these archives try to obfuscate email addresses
that are contained within the body of a message, but personally, I don't
think that's a problem worth trying to solve.  Or even a problem at all,
really; headers can be munged for archival purposes, message bodies
should be left alone.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9