[ale]OT It begins...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 10:46:53 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 04:53, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I don't think you are correct.
>
> As I mentioned before, the local Linux group has already implemented such
> code. I am not *sure* that they overcame the "emails in the body" issue that
> you raised, but my guess is that they did. I can get more information on how
> to do it if no one in the ALE knows how.

I don't think you will find what you are looking for.  It is easy to
find a perl solution to strip email addresses from mail files (on file
system or in transit).  However, the problem isn't stripping email
addys, it's knowing which ones to strip.  What about email msgid's (they
have the same format as an email address) which many clients use for
threading purposes.  Also, if you only strip email addresses from your
archive... what about the other archives you have no control over?

Again, if you don't want your email address to be public... get a diff
email address. ;)

-Jim P.