[ale] Re: Ale Digest, Vol 5, Issue 104

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Jan 26 12:13:15 EST 2004

KWireless provides some information about wlan interfaces using
/proc/net/wireless and uses the /usr/sbin/iwconfig to diplay further
wlan settings in a info window.  It's a kicker applet and so you must
start it with a right click on a empty space in the kicker panel and
then select "add->applet->kwireless".  At time it only works proper,
if the wlan interface is set to "managed" mode (Access point). Further
it's only tested with a Elsa Airlancer MC11 card.  Please send me an
email if it works with other cards too.