[ale] WAY OT: electric motor

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sat Jan 24 10:02:09 EST 2004

Odd one.  I just purchases a little AC powered air compressor so my wife
can do some air brushing.  When I plug it in I get a little humming
noise and that's it.  The fans are seized up tight.  When I unplug it
though the fans spin freely.   I took the back off and can spin the main
axle with the power unplugged but when it's plugged in it might as well
be welded in place.

Any ideas if this is fixable or am I getting a refund?

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.