[ale] Ethernet problem

Michael E. Barker mbarker68 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 18:24:51 EST 2004

If everything works great when logged in locally but nothing but a ping
remote, I would say look at the firewall config.  Are you pinging with
ip or host.domain.  If with ip try accessing the web service via ip,
that will let you know if http is really being served out or not.  If no
then look at the firewall.