[ale] checking multiple accounts with pine

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Wed Jan 21 09:41:59 EST 2004

A long time ago, (21.01.04), in a galaxy far, far away, J.M. Taylor wrote:

:=I've never used pine for more than one account with a handful of
:=mailboxes. Can I set up one instance of pine to check two accounts or
:=would I have to launch pine with a separate config for each?

Assuming the other accounts are accessible via IMAP, yeah.  Just set up
another incoming mailbox as an IMAP mailbox.  You'll have to put in your
username/password the first time you check it in any session, but after that
pine should remember them.

I've done this before, but it's been a while.  I have all my inboxes locally
now on the same server so no need to mess with IMAP.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's