[ale] Linux radio scanner

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 17:00:39 EST 2004

The only related thing that I've seen myself is an Icom multiband receiver with an RS-232 port.  Hooked up to a PC, the radio could be controlled from a Windows app.  I knew a contractor at the Dept. of Energy who did this sort of thing for logging frequency use data.

I expect that if the Icom serial data spec were available, you could use a Linux machine to do anything with it that you wanted in any manner that you wanted - GUI app, Web app, Perl, Python, Expect, bash, you name it.

- Jeff