[ale] EMC Notes and Docs?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Mon Jan 19 11:20:15 EST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 matty91 at bellsouth.net wrote:

> Well, when EMC sells a Symmetrix, they sell a managed storage
> solution. This usually includes provisioning the Sym and the storage per
> the customers requirements. EMC is also responsible for proactively monitoring
> their devices. If customers went about updating bin files, moving FAs/DAs,
> it wouldn't be a managed service. If you want scalable stable storage that
> you can put your hands on, the Clarion line of storage may suit you better.
> EMC makes some rock solid high performance gear!

Even the Clariions are proactively monitored / managed by EMC, or at least
can be with appropriate support contracts. Our Cx600s dial home, etc. I
actually prefer the support level on the Clariions (well-supported, but you
can still touch 'em if you want) to the Symmetrix (you basically can't touch
'em) but YMMV.

later,
chris