[ale] Gimp Tricks [OT]

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jan 18 18:27:09 EST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 06:06:55PM -0500, Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:30:09 -0500
> Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
>
> > prices.  I pay $0.29 per 4x6 at Sams and $0.39 at Wolf.  The problem
> > with this system is that it limits images to 300dpi.  Also it limits
> > images to 8x6.  This kiosk does not print the images the provider
> > (Sams) has a machine that does it for you.
>
> Are you sure they don't mean 300 ppi?  300 ppi is photo-quality.  When
> color inkjets advertise 2400x1200 dpi or whatever, they *mean* dpi.
> Dozens or hundreds of dots equate to a single pixel.
>
> Check around.  The Sam's here has a Fuji Frontier with 8-inch paper, so
> they can do up to 8x12.

My Sam' can only do 8x10.  I'm refering to ppi I guess.  I get confused bt they are almost the same.  When I scan a photo to be printed at sames I must
scan at 300 otherwise the Fuji machine fails to open the file.

At Wolf the machine was able to open 600 and 1200 but when I tried to
operate at 1200 the machine ground to a halt.  The 1200 was 6M in size the 600
only 2M.

I was able to get white borders and matte finish at Wolf.  It looks as good
as their file processing.