[ale] [OT] (from Open Source Apps)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Jan 17 15:42:51 EST 2004

On Saturday 17 January 2004 09:03, Geoffrey wrote:
> So well said Aaron.  I think you missed your calling dude.  Have you
> considered writing?  This is a keeper!  Worthy of a top post.

Sincere thanks for the complements. I think maybe the writing will take off if
I can just find the right market... ;-)

...which leads me to thank you for your comments on the marketing topic
(elsewhere in the thread). I think your point is another important proof of
the failures of a capitalist economy built upon unregulated greed.  The long
standing, corporate driven obsession with marketing propaganda has so
pervaded our culture that, today, it seems even the most blatant frauds are
apathetically and passively accepted in every aspect of our society. The
result is that success in business long ago turned from honest concerns of
who can sell the best product to contests of who can sell the biggest lie.

[ I'll leave consideration of current political parallels and implications in
these observations to the reader. ;-) ]

peace
aaron