[ale] Open Source Apps

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 16 22:25:24 EST 2004

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 19:07, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>I think educated people make better decisions.  If people don't know
>>they have an option, they won't change.
>

> I know a lot of educated people who have many choices (Linux, OS-X, BSD,
> Win98, Win2k, WinXP, etc, even Win95).  The difference between us and
> them isn't education, is that we like tweaking our OS and they like
> doing other things (movies, walks in the park, sunshine, etc).  :)

You mean we like tweaking our OS and they like reinstalling theirs.

Grant it, Linux is not for everyone, and there is software that people
need to use that's only available on Windows.  But this is the exception
to the case when talking about your standard office environment.  Most
folks need a word processor, email, browser.

For those folks where there is a one for one replacement for Windows
apps, there's no reason they shouldn't consider Linux.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net