[ale] Audio Editing Programs

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Jan 15 20:22:20 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 19:03, Danny Cox wrote:
> I attended the most recent ALE Central, and several people expressed
> interest in audio editing apps.  In http://lwn.net today, two were
> announced:
>
> 	Glame:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/glame/glame-1.0.2.tar.gz?download
>
> 	WaveSurfer:
> http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/
>
> 	I have no knowledge of these apps other than these announcements.  Just
> thought you'd like to know....
>
> 	Enjoy!

WaveSurfer is one I mentioned at the meeting and that I've used a fair amount.
It's original design focus was as a speech analysis tool, but the interface
works well for light music or sound file editing, though not great when files
over 100 meg.

Coolest aspect of WaveSurfer is that is has a ton of visualization tools for
seeing your sound files in a different tone or hearing them in a different
light.. :-)

peace
aaron