[ale] cheapest DSL service... ?

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Wed Jan 14 16:41:23 EST 2004

A long time ago, (14.01.04), in a galaxy far, far away, Geoffrey wrote:

:=Dylan Northrup wrote:
:=
:=> Looking at their prices, they want to charge an additional $10 per
:=> month for a single static IP and $70 per month for 5 static IPs for
:=> residential users. For Business users they want to charge $40 per
:=> month for 1 static IP, $60 for 5, $80 for 13 and $120 for 29 static
:=> IPs.
:=>
:=> Compare this to Speakeasy's SysAdmin package for $10/month extra you
:=> get 2-4 Static IPs for the comparable service.  Maybe I'm wierd, but
:=> I don't like it when I see a company doing some obvious gouging on
:=> their prices for things like this.
:=
:=Speakeasy is definitely a larger operator, thus can under cut on the
:=prices in some cases.  Seems Speedfactory is pretty competitive with
:=residental rates.  Who needs more than 1 static IP at home?

At least one for my home network, one for a test network and one for my
work/production network.  More than that will allow me more flexibility with
my network for future growth.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's