[ale] cheapest DSL service... ?

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Wed Jan 14 15:10:07 EST 2004

A long time ago, (14.01.04), in a galaxy far, far away, Geoffrey wrote:

:=Frank S. Glass wrote:
:=> Quoting Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>:
:=>
:=> [ stuff deleted ]
:=>
:=>> I'd highly suggest Speedfactory.
:=
:=<mostuff deleted>
:=
:=> Where is their technical support?  I have begun the painful process
:=> of switching away from Earthlink and am considering SpeedFactory and
:=> Speakeasy.  Although I have had _no_ technical support issues with
:=> Earthlink in a year, I can't in good conscience remain with a company
:=> that's laying off lots of Atlanta area staff to outsource to India.
:=
:=They are most definitely local, Shallowford Rd. Marietta.  They are not
:=as big as, say SpeakEasy, but they are very professional.  Support's
:=local, I've talked to the same guys all the time.  Their whole operation
:=is here.

Looking at their prices, they want to charge an additional $10 per month for
a single static IP and $70 per month for 5 static IPs for residential users.
For Business users they want to charge $40 per month for 1 static IP, $60
for 5, $80 for 13 and $120 for 29 static IPs.

Compare this to Speakeasy's SysAdmin package for $10/month extra you get 2-4
Static IPs for the comparable service.  Maybe I'm wierd, but I don't like it
when I see a company doing some obvious gouging on their prices for things
like this.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's