[ale] Atapi cdrecord?

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 11 16:15:13 EST 2004

And as an addendum to this I also personally think that everything
that supports a SCSI command set (or subset thereof) should show
up as a SCSI device, regardless of what kind of physical interface
it has.  It makes perfect sense to me that USB storage devices show
up as SCSI devices, and that Firewire storage devices show up as
SCSI devices, so why the heck should IDE storage devices not show
up as SCSI devices?  They implement the command set, so why not
make it easier on ourselves and have everything be SCSI?

Mike