[ale] Offsite backup

Stephen Touset stephen at touset.org
Sun Jan 11 01:22:49 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 19:55, Chris Fowler wrote:
> The problem is that the machine that is running ddclient will have a
> 192.168.1.X ip address.  Not a public one.  Will this be an issue?

Not in the least. ddclient is programmed to allow you to configure where
you get the ip address from. You have the option to get the ip address
from your router's setup page, from checkip.dyndns.org (I believe is the
URL), or other places. It's quite flexible like that.

--
Stephen Touset <stephen at touset.org>