[ale] Gnome doesn't seem to like me.

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 10 23:54:27 EST 2004

Well,  I have trashed yet another Gnome desktop.
This time startx will not even start the desktop. It only seems to happen for this one
user.  I can start it under root and I can make a new user and start it.  I do not get any
error messages.  The screen blanks to start gnome and then I get the prompt back. The last
message is "Waiting for X server to shutdown."  I have tired deleting the config files in
the home directory and the /tmp directory.  nothing has worked.  Is there a debug mode or
maybe a saved session for this user someplace that I could delete?

Adrin