[ale] OT: e-mail address migration and LDAP format

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sat Jan 10 20:53:19 EST 2004

Hi -

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Ronald Chmara wrote:

> Uh, I just noticed that OS X comes with Applescripts specifically for
> address book syncing. :-)
> In panther (10.3):
> /Applications/AppleScript/Install script menu
> (Will place an applescript icon in the menu bar)
> Then:
> Script Menu->Mail Scripts->Import Addresses
>
> You could also just use the raw script... should be in:
> /Applications/AppleScript/Scripts/Mail Scripts/Import Addresses.scpt
> Supports Entourage, Outlook Express, Palm Desktop, Eudora, Claris
> Emailer, and Netscape.

Thanks - well worth looking for .. I'll dig around a bit. I'm finding my
way into 10.2 (Jaguar) and very much a 'newbie' there.

I didn't find anything like that in the built-in 'help', but that seemed
to cover only drag'n'droop tools. I need to meet some of the standard
files anyway (like /etc/fstab). In particular I want to smb-mount a nearby
Windows share on boot or (better) on login, instead of by Apple's
"Finder->Go->Connect to Server->choose your share' rigamarole. Time to
learn a few new tricks, I guess.

Thanks again.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu