[ale] OT: Cheap part hight shipping

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Fri Jan 9 09:41:12 EST 2004

A long time ago, (09.01.04), in a galaxy far, far away, Chris Fowler wrote:

:=I can understand the privacy with local pickup on small volume sellers.
:=Maybe they are just individuals selling extra stuff.  If a high volume
:=seller that sells much of the same thing will not allow local pickup
:=then it must be for some reason.

I prefer local pickup, especially for bulky items that will cost a
significant amount to ship.  I'm always willing to meet in a public place of
the seller's choice (and, when selling, would be willing to meet somewhere
close to me) to avoid shipping.

If the seller won't agree to this, I won't buy from them unless it's a
really good deal.  I won't spend more than $100 on any computer gear I get
from ebay (closer to $50 is my comfort level) and if shipping is going to
put the price above this level, I'll wait until the next one comes along
(and another one will always come along).

Just my opinion.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's