[ale] OT: Anybody sick today?

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Mon Jan 5 13:38:50 EST 2004

Matthew Magee wrote:

> Your body is not
> simply a cholesterol collection device.  It processes cholesterol based on
> many factors.   This logically explains why some people can take drastic
> measures to reduce their cholesterol intake and take medication, but still
> have outrageously high levels in their bloodstream.

And this can vary quite a bit depending on individual (and genetic)
chemistry.  I'm by no means skinny, and don't particularly try to limit
cholesterol intake, but my cholesterol is typically in the 70 to 95
(quite low - low enough to generally prompt comment from doctors) range.
  This appears to be genetic, as my father and at least one of my
brothers are the same way.

Ben