[ale] scp for FTP:

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Jan 4 14:45:08 EST 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 14:19, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Won't sftp do this?

sftp's man page indicates it can be be used to specify files on the command
line for "get"s, but not for "put"s.   Also, I don't know if sftp will work
with a conventional FTP server (not that it apperas to matter.

Second question:  If you are allowing ANONYMOUS
> connections... why use SSL?

It's not what I am allowing.  It's what I'm forced to use.  I'm not so much
looking for security, I'm looking for the command line aspects for uploading
files to an anonymous FTP server.

David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com>