[ale] ? about Debian pks held back in upgrade

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Jan 4 02:53:14 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:51:22PM -0500, James Sumners wrote:
> Err, it can also mean a broken package or a package with broken dependencies.
> Your best bet is to check http://bugs.debian.org/<package_name> for more
> information before manually installing a package that is being kept back.
> Generally, it is being kept back for a good reason.

Thanks,

	Checked the bug reports and none of it looked to scary.  When
finished I installed/upgraded 14+ packages including mozilla from 1.1 to
1.5.  All current with updates/upgrades now :-)  BTW the mozilla 1.5
build feels like the fastest of the mozilla builds I have used to date.
Only issue I may have with it at this point is with realplayer 8.  More
testing before I can be sure.

Later,

Jim Seymour