[ale] OT: confidential statement

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Feb 25 19:07:17 EST 2004

I very much doubt if it has much force of law unless you signed a
contract with the author.  As it is dealing with contract law, a
contract requires a voluntary agreement and the exchange of something
of value.  The latter is why if someone gives something of value away
they normally write a contract where they receive $1.

I am not liable if someone accidentally emails or FAXes me instead of
someone else.  If it's someone I don't care for I'll probably just
delete it.  I'll certainly feel no legal obligation to tell them of their
screw up (unless they offer in advance to pay me for my trouble).  I did
notify a doctor's office who left a message on my machine by accident
telling someone that their cancer results (or similar) came back good
that they goofed.