[ale] Debian. Grr.

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon Feb 23 11:37:30 EST 2004

how did it go?  if i recall correctly Knoppix is going to give you a "frankendistro" as it mixes testing and unstable.  (this can cause some people in the newsgroups to fidget apparently because of the possible upgrade headache later)

if you are patient with your dialup connection you can install debian over it just fine.  you can even stop apt (ctrl+c) and resume later if need be (re-run the apt-get command you stopped).

*sigh* i have my setup notes at home but can email them to you if need be.

like most have said, just do a base install and get your modem/network connection working.  then apt-get install everything else.

--
preston