[ale] I'm confused

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 20 05:54:49 EST 2004

Chris Fowler wrote:
> I purchased an AMD Duron 2400+ And when I cat /proc/cpuinfo I get the
> following:
>
> [root at cms root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 8
> model name      : mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 1500+
> stepping        : 0
> cpu MHz         : 1300.060
> cache size      : 256 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
> bogomips        : 2595.22
>

> What gives?  Why is the MHz and bogomips so slow?

I'd suspect either improper bios settings, or mb jumpers as it's
indicating a 1500+.  Sure you didn't get sold the wrong processor??
Here's my 2400+:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2400+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1990.272
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 3971.48