[ale] syncing a palm via serial/usb device?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 18 15:04:23 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 02:33:17PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Palm -> serial cradle -> serial to usb converter -> usb port
> Palm IIIc.  I've also got a Palm VIIx, but no luck with it either.

Ok, so it will use the visor driver for syncing.  Have you compiled it
into your kernel, or as a module?

You will also need a recent version of pilot-link installed.  0.9.x
won't work at all, you will need one of the 0.11.x versions for USB
syncing to work; 0.11.8 is the latest version.

Assuming you have pilot-link 0.11.x installed, try this at a console
prompte:

    pilot-xfer -l -p /dev/ttyUSB1

Remember that you have to hit the sync button on the cradle first, then
start pilot-xfer.  At the very least you should have lots of stuff in
your logs.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9