[ale] Mail/Calendering alternatives

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Feb 16 16:50:22 EST 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 12:52 pm, David Corbin wrote:
> What OpenSource systems can ALE users recommend as an Exchange
> replacement?  Specifically, Calendaring (mail is kind of no brainer, and
> those are the two main areas of interest).  The replacement must work
> well with both Linux and Windows clients, and not require a browser,
> though browser access is a good thing.  It also must be mature enough
> that it is easy to install and maintain.

I'd be interested in what you find.  I've been kinda chansing this for a while
without a lot of luck.

There are some that are not open source.  Samsung contact is probably the most
mature of these.

Here are the ones I know of

http://opengroupware.org/en/index.html --  I don't know how ready this is.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/  -- Not sure if this is going to be
web based, but I know it is not ready.

http://www.suse.com/us/business/products/openexchange/index.html -- They'll
sell this today, so I guess it is ready.  Much of it is open sourced--I'm not
sure how much of it is not.  In any case, it is pricey.

Michael