[ale] This is legal C:

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 12 13:50:28 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 01:15:35PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Oh, I was impressed.  I did have to think it through a bit.  Then again,
> I worked with a guy who would write that kind of code.  Lousy approach
> to job security...

Funny, I distinctly remember one of my college professors going over
this.  It was even a test question.  In fact, I think we even had to
write a little essay on *why* a[i] is the same as i[a].  When you think
of C as what it is, glorified assembly language, it really does make
sense that a[i] should be the same as i[a], even if no sane person would
use the two interchangably.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9