[ale] sharing an experience....debian....

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 13:38:48 EST 2004

You might have had your IDE set with 32-bit mode and DMA disabled (man
hdparm) under FC.

Depending on the kind of disk usage, reiserfs can be a LOT faster than
anything else.  The only worry I have about reiserfs is that when I do a
big read-and-write to the reiserfs-formatted RAID 1 volume on my file
server, the machine will sometimes lock up - I don't really know what to
blame that on but I may go ext3 or XFS next rebuild and see if I have a
different experience.

- Jeff

Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net>