[ale] GROKLAW- SCO Drops Linux Claims

Marvin Dickens marvindickens at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 10 19:44:22 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 18:15, Bob Toxen wrote:

> Good bye SCO!
>
> > I'm sure IBM will happily mop the floor with 'em.
> Yup!  It will be an example to others!

Also, in the story at Groklaw, it was stated that the attorneys for IBM
have absolutely no interest in a summary judgment, which they could have
asked for (And probably gotten...). Apparently, IBM intends to
set the record straight using court records so that no one else gets
any similar ideas in the future: In short, IBM probably intends to make
an example out of SCO and take whatever assets they have left as
damages.

This leads to the possibility that IBM may (Or may not) intend to bring
suit against other parties once the course is set with the SCO lawsuit.
As far as SCO is concerned, this lawsuit has apparently pissed off all
of the IBM.

Regards

Marvin Dickens