[ale] c++, dynamic linking etc.

Alan Stewart astewart at layton-graphics.com
Tue Feb 10 13:05:07 EST 2004

I don't use any options that have anything to do with dynamic linking
(that I'm aware of). Examining my makefile, the link stage resolves to this:

g++ -Wall -Wno-format -ggdb -march=pentium -o $(target) $(objs) -lz -ll
-ltiff

No, I'm building for internal use. Maybe your /etc/ld.so.conf is
incorrect and the shared version of the library is not being found? I
don't normally deal with this kind of stuff, but my sysadmin says to
look up 'ldconfig' in the man pages.