[ale] IP the latest business model on the block

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 8 08:04:02 EST 2004

Everyone has been reading about SCO and Linux. Well, I just read and article about a
little company in California. http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3309531   I
actually was browsing /. and found it. This type of business worries me. It just seems
that people are getting patents either through purchase or kind of after the fact, Then
they just start suing other companies that have already been using the technology. Maybe I
am wrong on the dates and such, and maybe this company did develop this. It just seems
wrong to give something away for awhile and then charge later.  Maybe I should go file a
patent for the wheel or something.

Adrin