Router distro (was Re: [ale] Smoothwall 2.0 or IPCop 1.3.0?)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Feb 7 09:42:49 EST 2004

Marvin Dickens wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 23:56, James Sumners wrote:
>

>> room mates I won't have access to that router and I doubt I will
>> buy one because I couldn't really care less about having wireless
>> (bring on the gigabit).
>

> Gigabit ethernet and wifi do not share the same application(s)
> segment(s). It's like comparing apples and oranges.

I don't know, maybe more like comparing oranges and tangerines.  There
are certainly applications where you could use both, but in most cases,
if you can go gigabit, why would you consider wireless?  If it's too
difficult to get the wire from A to B, then it's likely you go with
wireless.

I would generally try a lot harder to get the wire from A to B if I was
working gigabit verses 100mb though. ;)