[ale] I bought Libranet 2.8.1 yesterday. One word, awesome!!

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Thu Feb 5 18:49:53 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 11:46, Marvin Dickens wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 07:02, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Ray Knight wrote:
> > > I've got Debian running on 5 different Indy's here at my place:
>
> I have an SGI 02 and in the past, linux support has been poor. Has
> this situation changed? I'd really like to dump IRIX and install
> linux on this machine.

Support for the O2 is still under development from what I understand.
The Indy is the best supported of the SGI MIPS machines.  Indigo 2's
(except R8000 and R10000) are supported as long as you have the low end
XL graphics.  The XZ and higher end graphics currently lack drivers for
both Linux and XFree.

Debian lists the R5000 O2's as EXPERIMENTAL without framebuffer.

--
Ray Knight <audilover at atlantabroadband.com>