Update: Re: [ale] eMachines AMD64 notebook

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 08:56:58 EST 2004

Chris -

That's very good to know, because it's starting to look like the
eMachines M6807 AMD64 laptop wouldn't be a bad idea (recall that I am
allowing for the possibility that I may have to manipulate very large
{>2GB} files).  High-end P4 laptops are considerably more expensive.

Granted, I may have to live life as a dual-booter for some amount of
time, but it looks like there's enough forward velocity in the
Linux-on-Athlon64 space that things won't just stagnate (the existence
of this very laptop will certainly help to drive that).

And, hey, all this Gentoo installation experience may pay off yet,
although it'll be a head trip to be able to do it in an afternoon; I'm
used to doing it on Pentium Classics (P/60, dual P/133,P/166-MMX).

- Jeff

Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net>