[ale] How NOT to buy/sell a computer.

Randolph Wilson astro at rwizard.com
Sun Feb 1 22:23:26 EST 2004

I've been dealing with MicroCenter ever since the Marietta store opened
12 or so years ago.  There are employees who have been at that store
since it opened.  I have always found them to be excellent to deal
with, but I have noticed some slippage recently.  To survive they have
moved away from catering to the "pros" and more towards the "great
unwashed".  The "new hires" have also been less than impressive.

The idiot factor is much higher at the Norcross store.  If you ever
find yourself doing business with them again I recommend Marchond or
Scott at the Marietta store.  There is also a gentleman named Bob
(Burrus?) who transferred from Marietta to Norcross - he is also a long
time employee.  None of these guys would have jerked you around that
way.  Frank (manager of Marietta) isn't exactly mister personality, but
I don't believe he'd have screwed around like that either.  Perhaps you
could relate this adventure on one of those customer service cards they
love to stick in the bag?

I too am willing to pay a little more to buy locally and get some
service.  It is a shame that this approach doesn't bear much fruit
anymore.<sigh>