[ale] OT: TV Brightness

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 1 17:44:05 EST 2004

A few weeks ago, my wife and I noticed the picture on our TV was very
dark, so much so that a dark scene was almost completely invisible.  We
adjusted the brightness on the TV and didn't think much about it.
Unfortunately, it looks like the picture just keeps getting darker.
Now, we have the brightness all the way up, and it's still too dark for
some scenes.  Is there anything we can do, or is the TV toast?  It's a
32" (I think) Sylvania, picture-tube type TV.  It was a gift from my
wife's parents, and we don't have any of the paper work, but it's less
than a year old.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9