[ale] Any Squidguard for the Impatient on Debian Docs?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 28 07:13:37 EDT 2004

Hey all, I got my zippy the pinhead PC current on Debian Unstable last night,
then installed Squid and Squidguard. I found the blacklists at the Squidguard
site. Question now is: is there any faq-o-matic on setting up the Squidguard
blacklist and using it with Squid?

My basic setup is: 3 PCs in the house. Still using the Linksys router for
DHCP, DNS, basic packet-filtering firewall. Want to use my Debian PC for a
Proxy server - so am not running transparent proxy right now (if I figure it
out, I may go that route). The Squid server will act as a proxy for my work
laptop (I don't want anyone grabbing it while I'm away and visiting verbotten
sites!). It will also proxy the kid's desktop. I'll give my 19 year old son
straight-access, bypassing the proxy (or go through the proxy, but not filter
- haven't decided yet).

Right now, everything is blocked by my Squid server. I want to implement the
filters downloaded from Squidguard site - but have zero idea of where to go
now. So - if you are running Squid and Squidguard on Debian Unstable, and
have implemented the blacklist - help!