[ale] Linux community service?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 26 14:53:57 EDT 2004

"Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a Linux enthusiast with a lead foot"

Because of several speeding tickets I have been sentanced to 30 hours
of community service.  This is an open sentance so as long as I can get
some quasi-government or community entity to sign off on it I'm OK.
Now I see no good reason why I shouldn't be able to find some public school
or other government or community place that might have some need for some
hours of Linux or non-MSWinblows help where my skills and knowledge
could be put to good use.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have been looking at the k12os.org site where the k12ltsp project is
hosted from plus all of the linuxtoday.com articles lately on budget
crunches encouraging school systems to consider open source solutions
more frequently.
Steven A. DuChene     linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com