[ale] Job post.

Chris Farris chris at room17.com
Fri Apr 23 11:03:15 EDT 2004

Google maybe?

---
Subject: Entry Level Linux opportunities in North Atlanta
To: unemployed at ale.org
From: Doug_Spears at matrixresources.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:58:52 -0400

Hello,

Help our client build and maintain its Linux cluster consisting of more
than 10,000 servers. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for
individuals who want to become Linux gurus, system administrators, or
network engineers. Work on a team with highly motivated, smart individuals
like yourself that are striving each day to advance their Linux,
networking, and hardware related skills. You must be hard driving,
enthusiastic, and most impotantly, absolutely passionate about working with
LINUX.  If this enthusiasm doesn't come across during the interview, the
process will stop there.

Responsibilities include: Install new servers as our Linux cluster grows.
Help test and troubleshoot new PC hardware components and designs. Install
switches, routers, and other networking gear. Fix broken servers (replace
hard drives, replace bad sticks of RAM, etc.). Configure and troubleshoot
Linux OS related issues on our servers. Position requirements: Minimum of 2
years working with PC hardware. At least one year of Linux experience.
Experience troubleshooting and installing operating systems, networking
equipment, and software.

There are multiple needs, the positions are 3 month contract to perm and
will pay around $25-30K upon rolling to perm, contract rates will need to
be the hourly equivalent of the annual salary.

Please answer the following question and send your resume.  Thanks!

1) Why are you passionate about Linux?

Best regards,
Doug Spears
Matrix Resources
http://www.MatrixResources.com
Doug_Spears at MatrixResources.com
770.677.2433
800.627.3533 x2433
770.668.0384 - fax (attn: Doug Spears)

----- End forwarded message -----

Chris Farris				chris at room17.com
No nation, when selecting its leader, can forsee what characteristics in
him will gain the upper hand; and the lesson to be learnt from that is
that any constitution must be so framed that it is able to prevent the
misuse of power by the individual, and that is must be based on the
principle of freedom and justice of the community as a whole.
			- Grand Admiral Karl Doenitz
			  Supreme Naval Commander and last Fuhrer
			  of the Third Reich